Who can ART help?
The program has been designed to bridge the NDIS access gap for people with disability, and offers targeted support to the following people:
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
Residents from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
Young people in the Youth Justice system
Soon to be released prisoners
Adults subject to community corrections
School leavers and special school students
Residents in rural, regional and remote locations.
Potential participants must be aged between 7 and 65 years to apply for ART assistance. Applicants must also be Australian residents who do not currently have an approved NDIS plan and be located within one of the following ART delivery regions:
- Cairns (including Mareeba, Cassowary Coast, Douglas, Cook, Torres, Tablelands, Hinchinbrook, Etheridge, Weipa)
- Mackay (including Whitsunday Regional, Charters Towers, Isaac, Flinders, Burdekin)
- Mount Isa (including Cloncurry, McKinlay, Richmond, Croydon, Burke, Boulia, Carpentaria)
- Beenleigh (including Logan and Redlands)
- Ipswich (including Lockyer Valley, Scenic Rim and Somerset)
- Brisbane and Gold Coast
Referrals can be made either by individuals, family members, carers or support agencies.
Parents and families seeking support for children under 7 can contact their NDIS Early Childhood Partner. They will tailor support to your child's individual needs and circumstances, and can help you to request access to the NDIS if your child requires longer-term supports.