Do you need assistance to join the National Disability Insurance Scheme?
There is a new Queensland Government team to assist you to join the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). This team is called the Assessment and Referral Team, also known as ART. ART has been made available through collaboration with the Commonwealth Government.
How can ART help?
- ART can help you to fill out the NDIS forms and navigate the application process.
- If you want us to, we can can help you with any assessments you need anddiscuss your disability related needs with specialists and doctors.
- ART can be of assistance throughout the entire NDIS access process. We can send your forms to the NDIS and will keep track of your application until the process is finished.
Who can ART help?
ART can help if you are a person with disability who is:
- living somewhere that is hard to reach
- leaving, or have left, school in 2019, 2020 or 2021
- attending a special school
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- in youth detention
- an adult subject to supervision by Community Corrections
- leaving the criminal justice system
- referred to us by one of our partner agencies.
How can you get help from ART?
The first step is to make sure you are eligible to apply for the NDIS. If you get stuck, just let us know and we can help you check your eligibility.
There are three ways you can contact ART to request help with your NDIS application:
1. Email - click the button below, or email ARTEnquiries@communities.qld.gov.au .In your email, please include your name and phone number and a case manager will contact you in 5 to 10 working days.
2. Phone - if you are looking at this page from your mobile phone, you can click the button below to dial direct. Alternatively, call 1800 569 040
3. Have someone else make a referral for you
You can have someone make a referral on your behalf.
Are you already an NDIS participant?
The introduction of the NDIS has been a driver for disability reform in Australia and thousands of people are seeing the positive impact in their life.
The NDIS is aimed at maximising social and economic participation of people with disability. In Queensland, people with disability and their families are experiencing greater choice and control in their day to day life and experiencing firsthand, the empowering benefits of the NDIS.
Share your story
ART is helping to support people who have not yet joined the NDIS to navigate the application process. Share your story about how the NDIS is changing your life. Let people know the positive changes you have been able to create since you have had access to the NDIS.
What message would you like to share with someone who has not yet joined the NDIS?
What would you tell someone who has not registered for the NDIS yet? What would you say to encourage them to contact the National Disability Insurance Agency and find out if they are eligible?