Do you need help to join the National Disability Insurance Scheme?
The Assessment and Referral Team (ART) works directly with individuals to support them to access the NDIS. We can help throughout the entire access process from start to finish. This includes preparing and collecting documentation and, where required, arranging a specialised assessment.
Important information about ART during Coronavirus (COVID-19)
It’s important that people with disability can get the supports they need during this difficult time, including support to access the NDIS. ART is continuing to provide this support in a way that protects the safety and wellbeing of the community.
Much of ART’s work is already done over the phone, so valuable support to complete NDIS forms, collect information and navigate the application process is still available.Some specialised assessments for diagnosis or functional capacity may also be completed over the phone, or via video link-up. Case Managers will work with individuals to find the best option.
ART has achieved some great outcomes for people with disability and we look forward to rolling out to other areas in Queensland in the future, when it is safe to do so.
How can ART help?
ART can help people with disability aged between 7 and 65 who are potentially eligible for NDIS supports.
ART can help you:
- check your eligibility
- prepare and collect relevant documentation
- fill out NDIS forms
- navigate the application process
- arrange specialist assessments
- discuss your disability related needs with specialists and doctors
- send your forms to the NDIS
- keep track of your application until the process is finished.
Where is ART available now?
ART is currently being delivered across the following local government areas:
- Fraser Coast (including Maryborough, Hervey Bay)
- North Burnett (including Biggenden, Eidsvold, Gayndah, Monto, Mundubbera)
- South Burnett (including Cherbourg, Kingaroy, Nanango, Murgon, Wondai)
- Gympie (including Kilkivan, Tin Can Bay, Goomeri)
- Sunshine Coast (including Maroochydore, Mooloolaba, Buderim, Nambour, Maleny, Beerwah, Noosa)
- Moreton Bay (including Caboolture, Pine Rivers, Redcliffe)
ART will rollout to other locations across Queensland during 2020-2021, when it is safe to do so.
Ask for help from ART or make a referral for someone you support
Check eligibility- the first step is to make sure you, or the person you support, is eligible to apply for the NDIS. If you get stuck, just let us know and we can help you check.
Email ART - email ARTenquiries@communities.qld.gov.au. In your email, please include your name and phone number and a case manager will contact youin 5 to 10 working days.
Phone ART- call 1800 569 040 and talk to an ART team member.
Make a referral- submit an online referral form for you or someone you support.