Do you need help to join the National Disability Insurance Scheme?
The Assessment and Referral Team (ART) works directly with individuals to support them to access the NDIS. We can help throughout the entire access process from start to finish. This includes preparing and collecting documentation and, where required, arranging a specialised assessment.
How can ART help?
ART can help people with disability aged between 7 and 65 who are potentially eligible for NDIS supports.
ART can help you:
- Check your NDIS eligibility.
- Prepare and collect relevant documentation to support your application.
- Fill out NDIS forms.
- Arrange specialist assessments.
- Discuss your disability related needs with specialists and doctors.
- Submit your application to the NDIS and track its progress until finished.
Where is ART available?
ART is currently being delivered across the following local government areas:
- Fraser Coast (including Maryborough, Hervey Bay)
- North Burnett (including Biggenden, Eidsvold, Gayndah, Monto, Mundubbera)
- South Burnett (including Cherbourg, Kingaroy, Nanango, Murgon, Wondai)
- Gympie (including Kilkivan, Tin Can Bay, Goomeri)
- Sunshine Coast (including Maroochydore, Mooloolaba, Buderim, Nambour, Maleny, Beerwah, Noosa)
- Moreton Bay (including Caboolture, Pine Rivers, Redcliffe)
- Townsville (LGA only)
- Rockhampton (including Banana, Barcaldine, Barcoo, Blackall-Tambo, Central Highlands, Diamantina, Gladstone, Livingstone, Longreach, Winton and Woorabinda)
- Toowoomba (including Balonne, Bulloo, Goondiwindi, Maranoa, Murweh, Paroo, Quilpie, Southern and Western Downs)
ART will rollout to other locations across Queensland during 2021.
Ask for help from ART or make a referral for someone you support
Check eligibility- the first step is to make sure you, or the person you support, is eligible to apply for the NDIS. If you get stuck, just let us know and we can help you check.
Email ART - email ARTenquiries@communities.qld.gov.au. In your email, please include your name and phone number and a case manager will contact you in 5 to 10 working days.
Phone ART- call 1800 569 040 and talk to an ART team member.
Make a referral- submit an online referral form for you or someone you support.
QDN and targeted outreach
If you, or someone you support, needs help with talking to or connecting with ART, Queenslanders with Disability Network (QDN) is available to help. ART is partnering with QDN who is supporting people who may need additional assistance getting started. QDN can also work with organisations and community groups to help their clients understand more about the NDIS and the supports it can provide, and connect them with ART. Contact QDN on 1300 363 783 or email@example.com.
Important information about ART during Coronavirus (COVID-19)
It’s important that people with disability can get the supports they need during this difficult time, including support to access the NDIS. ART is continuing to provide this support in a way that protects the safety and wellbeing of the community.
Much of ART’s work is already done over the phone, so valuable support to complete NDIS forms, collect information and navigate the application process is still available. Specialised assessments for diagnosis or functional capacity may also be completed. Case Managers will work with individuals to find the best option.